Tl;dr; we’re postponing Chicago Roboto 2020 until September 28-29.
This wasn’t a decision we came to lightly (A fair number of people have already invested their time and money in coming to Chicago next month). While watching other events cancel/postpone and companies begin restricting travel and conference participation we had to make a decision.
At the end of the day, it came down to, we’d hate to get to the end of this and have been a part of making things worse and putting people at risk, instead of being a part of making things better.
We’re working with Sponsors and Speakers now and attendees are welcome to roll their ticket forward or get a full refund. We’re hopeful that most people will roll their ticket forward.
Things like this are extra tough when you’re not Facebook or Salesforce. 360|Conferences is just me, and this is my first event of the year, so things are tight and going to get tighter. Indie conferences are small businesses and canceling/postponing events is a HUGE financial risk. I hope that by Summer/Fall we’ve gotten a better understanding of COVID-19 and the risks of traveling and such are no longer a concern and that you all can join us then to celebrate Android in the Windy City.